ANNOUNCEMENT: 2020 PLANS FOR THE CURRENT TEAM GMs
Please read this message in its entirety to make sure you fully understand the plan.
An opportunity to expand in the east coast has been presented to me.
in 2020, I will begin the process. This means that I will be traveling often and will be focusing my energy on three things:
- The Expansion
- The Funding
- The Youth Programs
About the Adult Basketball Leagues
With regard to the adult basketball leagues, my plan is to stay in the background, and I want the team GMs to be the faces of the leagues and have more control in the direction that they want to take the RTE Sports Houston Adult Leagues. Think of yourselves like owners of the NBA or NFL teams: The GMs in their respective leagues can collaborate and vote on rule changes, policies and structure of their leagues.
The leagues will only be as good as the players and the collective effort of the GMs in them. RTE Sports will provide the platform but it’s up to the leaders in the leagues as to the kind of experience they want to have.
I will hire professionals to run the administrative and operation of RTE Sports. In the meantime, I will continue to hold these background positions until my administrative team is formed.
A few key points to remember about RTE Sports
- It’s a NonProfit 501c3 Sports Company
- The whole purpose of the adult leagues are
- to provide a family friendly adult competition platform
- a hoopers fraternity
- an economic ecosystem that provides opportunities for the members of the leagues
- mentorship, internship, and supporting each other to improve everyone’s lives
- and most importantly, to help fund the youth programs.
- EVERY MONEY that comes from the leagues (your league fees) all goes back into the league.
- I have NEVER made any money nor plan to pay myself from the leagues’ revenue moving forward.
- In the same vein, I will NOT continue to use my personal funds to support the adult leagues that aren’t meeting their purpose and mission.
- Lastly, the existence of RTE Sports Leagues is to give back to the community- to help improve the lives of the youth and young adults. With that in mind, please don’t ever forget that your actions (and including mine) can affect more than ourselves and whether we can contribute positively to the community that our families live in.
The transition to giving the GMs more control starts with these remaining leagues of 2019.
The 2020 GM Benefit: NO League Fee for The Existing* RTE Sports GMs
I understand that being a GM is not an easy role to hold. It can be stressful and frustrating. As a reward for holding this position, the GM’s league fee is waived provided that he’s in compliance with the role’s and the league’s rules and policies. The details will be posted later.
- This benefit will take effect at the start of the 2020 leagues.
- This benefit may be rescinded if it becomes counter-productive.
- This benefit only applies to our current GMs who have paid their fees in 2019.
- If you’re a brand-new GM in 2020, you must pay your first league fee and meet the requirements. Our existing GMs have paid their “dues” and they earned the benefit. It’s an exclusive group of gentlemen. Not everyone can be a GM.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, feel free to send me a message.
Let’s finish 2019 with the best experience we can have!
RTE Sports Founder